- You prepare yourself. You wear the proper attire, warm up, stretch, and create a killer play list.
- Your mind set. You know it's going to be hard. There are even times you want (and may even) give up. But if you can push through it gets easier, and in the end it' s worth it.
- It aches. You get blisters, your cafes burn, your stomach aches, (you may even through up. Not me, I would never do that). Your throat stings, and your heart feels like it might actually pound right out of your chest.
- It's an up hill battle. There are twist,turns, hills to climb, and you may even swallow a bug. But you've prepared yourself physically, and mentally...remember?
- You need cheerleaders. Or at least people telling you, you can do it. (I have a great cheerleader. I proudly call him my husband. In fact he was the one who encouraged me to run farther. He knew I could do it, and turns out he was right.) Get rid of the haters. There is really no point in having them around.
- PLAY LIST. Did I already mention that one? Well...I thought I would again, because everyone needs one. Runner or not. "Music feeds the sole".
p.s. I'm down 7lbs in 8 weeks, and it is officially two weeks until we leave! Ahhh!!! Do you think I can lose 3 more by then? Wait, don't answer that.
p.p.s. Once I reach 200 fans on facebook I'm going to announce an awesome giveaway. To find out more about it become a fan, and invite all your friends!