It all started about 4 years ago (I can't believe it has been that long). A friend from church asked if she could take pictures of my boys. I was much obliged, and the pictures were beautiful. I was hooked! From then on I could never force myself to go back to a studio. Here are a few reasons why.
- Same=boring. Custom portraits are just that. Your portraits will be custom to fit you and your family. They will capture your unique style and personalities. In the best way possible. None of that posing with the hand on the chin around here.
- Relaxed. You session will be relaxed and painless. Nothing will be forced and will go with the flow. Sometimes the studio experience can be stressful. Having your child sit still in front of a white piece of paper and asking them to say cheese...Well...I don't have to explain all the reasons why this is so dreadful. For you and your child. Your custom portrait session will include, love, hugs, and laughter.
- Choices, choices, choices. When it comes to the location of your shoot the possibilities are endless. I've done shoots at beautiful parks, on train tracks, in junk yards, in the desert, in quaint neighborhoods, in a clients home, at historical sites. Honestly, the possibilities are endless.
- Price. Depending upon your needs a custom portrait session is typically right around the same price, and sometimes even cheaper then a studio. Like I said it depends upon your needs. If your thinking "but Lori I have a coupon". Let's talk about that in the next one.
- Selection. Studios typically limit you to 5 or 6 poses, and then charge you (a huge mark up) for prints. With custom portraits the number of poses is not pre set. As many as we can fit into a 60-90 minute session. The average is typically 15-20. But can even go up to 25.
- Rights to print. Having the rights to print your images when, where, and how you want offers you flexibility you can afford. (Pun definitely intended;)
...and because what's a post with out a picture? Don't answer that. Instead take a look at this cute guy who is currently learning body parts. I kept it clean for ya;)